If you are looking for insight and exploration of deeper understanding related to issues causing distress, counseling is a great place to start. Therapy is where a client and a therapist work collaboratively through building rapport in order to resolve a presenting issue. It allows a safe space for you to understand what is creating the distress, why it is affecting you, and ultimately using healthy coping strategies when challenging situations present themselves.
Counseling can help with a number of life’s stresses and conflicts that can affect anyone. For example, it may help you:
- Resolve conflicts with your partner or someone else in your life
- Relieve anxiety or stress due to work or other situations
- Cope with major life changes, such as divorce, COVID-19, the death of a loved one or the loss of a job
- Learn to manage unhealthy reactions, such as road rage or passive-aggressive behavior
- Come to terms with an ongoing or serious physical health problem, such as diabetes, cancer or long-term (chronic) pain
- Recover from physical or sexual abuse or witnessing violence
- Cope with sexual problems, whether they’re due to a physical or psychological cause
- Sleep better, if you have trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep (insomnia)
If any of these issues hold true for you, counseling can help resolve them. If you’re looking for help improving your everyday life – or for a more tailored therapy experience – you would be a great fit. Please reach out to me today to schedule your first appointment.